Tuesday, March 19, 2024

The Place Of The Cross

 "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." - Galatians 2:20

God sees Me through the Cross
 

We were watching a sermon on television this last Sunday since neither of us were well and we thought it best not to share whatever it was with the Saints.  The pastor gave perhaps one of the best illustrations that I have seen.  He had a thin cross, perhaps 2 feet by 2 feet. He held the cross out in front of him, raised slightly and said, "This is how God sees me! He sees me through the cross!" His sermon was about having hope for tomorrow. Having the right perspective on our new life in Christ. When God looks at me, He sees Jesus. Think about that. Why can we come boldly to the Throne of Grace? Because of Jesus and not because of our own righteousness. 


I then see Others the same way.

Then he held the cross between him and the people in the congregation. He said, "In the same way that is how I am to see others." Through the cross. My ability to see the world like God sees the world is because of Jesus. 

"We love Him because He first loved us." - 1 John 4:19

Think about it – Pray about it – Believe it – Walk in it. Let your light shine and give God the glory.

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone

No comments: