Thursday, March 21, 2024

Even If He Doesn't Answer Put Your Faith In The Father

"Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls— Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation." - Habakuk 3:17-18

I love that! What do you believe about faith and prayer? Do you believe that if you have enough faith then God will do whatever you ask? Let me share one of Jesus' prayers.

"And He took with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and He began to be sorrowful and deeply distressed. Then He said to them, “My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here and watch with Me.” He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will." - Matthew 26:37-39

Ok so that was Jesus. Jesus asked that God, the Father, intervene and give Jesus a pass on the Cross.  But then He added - but not my will but God's will be done. You know what happened and, like me, are eternally grateful that Jesus did not go His own way. 
"I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me." - John 5:30

Jesus is our example.  His focus was and is on the will of God.  God did not promise that we would escape hardship - financial, physical, emotional, or relational. Not so long as we live on this sin-filled planet. Do you remember Job?

"Now there was a day when his sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother’s house; and a messenger came to Job and said, “The oxen were plowing and the donkeys feeding beside them, when the Sabeans raided them and took them away—indeed they have killed the servants with the edge of the sword; and I alone have escaped to tell you!” While he was still speaking, another also came and said, “The fire of God fell from heaven and burned up the sheep and the servants, and consumed them; and I alone have escaped to tell you!” While he was still speaking, another also came and said, “The Chaldeans formed three bands, raided the camels and took them away, yes, and killed the servants with the edge of the sword; and I alone have escaped to tell you!” While he was still speaking, another also came and said, “Your sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother’s house, and suddenly a great wind came from across the wilderness and struck the four corners of the house, and it fell on the young people, and they are dead; and I alone have escaped to tell you!” Then Job arose, tore his robe, and shaved his head; and he fell to the ground and worshiped. And he said: “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, And naked shall I return there. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord.” In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong." - Job 1:13-22

Makes you not want to answer the door, doesn't it? Recall Satan had come against Job to prove that Job would reject God if Job lost everything he loved. But Job was committed to submitting to the will of God above all else and he put his faith in the Father. 

God has answered the most important prayer I ever have or ever will pray. The biggest miracle in my life is my salvation. 

Think about it – Pray about it – Believe it – Walk in it. Let your light shine and give God the glory.

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone

No comments: