Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Finding Rest

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." - Matthew 11:28-29

"God is my strength and power, And He makes my way perfect." - 2 Samuel 22:33  

"And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9

I was working with some volunteers the other day. I had nicked my hand and there was a small trickle of blood. One volunteer noticed it and said something to me about it.  I told her I would take care of it later.  She said it was nice to know that I was "real" to which I replied - I am not a robot - really! Another volunteer told me that I should get some rest to which I replied - there will be plenty of time to rest - later.

False bravado? Nope. Like John Wayne would say - "It's not brag, just fact." I am very aware of my fallibilities and weaknesses. That is why I opened with the verses that I did. 

God did not promise that the life we are called to would be easy - but He did promise that we would not be alone. The life that we live is not easy but it is full of joy and satisfaction knowing it is where the Lord wants us to be.

So if I boast, I will boast in the Lord. as you should. There is not "easy button" in the Christian life. God asks us to do the impossible - not naturally - but supernaturally.  What has He asked you to do.?

"For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.  So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith." - Galatians 6:8-10

Think about it – Pray about it – Believe it – Walk in it. Let your light shine and give God the glory.

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone


No comments: