Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Jesus Saves – Let You Life Shout It Out

“Why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” – Matthew 7:3-5

<Journal Entry Jacmel Haiti 21 Sep 2011> Got past my Blah’s – someone must be praying for me! Missing my wife. We just about have all of the wood up. I can see more to do – I guess that is what happens when you design in your head. The Lord is teaching me much – about Him and about myself. I sense the Lord wants to use me – but there can be no pride in my heart – no desire for the praise of men. He brings people across my path who have exaggerated amounts of those traits to show me what I look like to Him with just a hint of pride or seeking affirmation from others. Thank you Lord for showing me, teaching me, guiding me – Give me strength Lord to fulfill your purpose in my life – You are good and Your mercy endures forever. Amen <End of Entry>

Are there people in your life that you find it difficult to be around? That was rhetorical – of course you have – we all have – in fact we may one of those someones in somebody else’s life. The Lord gave me a different perspective on “those people.” In Matthew 7 there are two aspects to consider.  The first is that there is only one judge and it is not me or you. We see the imperfections in others and can become almost indignant toward them because we are not anywhere near as bad as they are. As if that somehow makes our little bit of badness acceptable. Saying I may be bad but I am not as bad as you does not make me good! The second is something that psychologists call “projection” [Psychological projection is a defense mechanism in which the ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves by attributing them to others.] I am not suggesting that every wrong you see in someone else is a reflection of the same wrong in you. But I have found that the Lord uses others to get my attention about something in my life. Unfortunately, that requires my paying attention and having spiritual perception to see beyond the circumstance. He doesn’t allow that to discipline me but to shape me – conform me into the image of His Son.  I must admit that I have missed a lot of opportunities to learn. There is nothing like a difficult person to bring the old nature out of us. Now, I can appear tolerant on the outside – restrained – but can be fuming – condemning on the inside.

You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.” – Matthew 5:27-28

Just because we don’t express on the outside what we are feeling on the inside does that mean that we are innocent. Have you ever told someone that you mind is made up and you are not going to change it? Even if you have not said it – you have thought it. Don’t be self-righteous I think because you don’t say it or do it, you have not sinned before a holy God. So many times I have been “sleeping in class.” The Lord has been showing me something for my benefit and I completely missed it because my flesh got in the way.  Oh that we would be quick to show grace and mercy to others and slow to judge and condemn. Why are we dismayed at the sin that rages around us? Have we forgotten why the Father sent the Son? In 2018 there were over 10,000 children born every day in the United States. 10,000 new sinners that need Jesus. Friends, we are surrounded by sinners – why should we be surprised by sin. It is natural that can only be changed by the supernatural.  And we are ambassadors on this earth to be lights of hope – representatives of the King of Heaven – with a message of Good News. Jesus Saves!

Be encouraged. Shine Bright my friend and give God the glory He is due.

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone

No comments: