Thursday, December 17, 2020

God Has A Plan

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11

I am painting the shelves in the room we use as a study – not at trivial thing – I had to build face frames and then paint the shelves.  The shelves wrap around three walls. I am trying to get this done before our son and his wife Nichol, arrive on Saturday – but my point is not to impress you with my determination or skills. As I was about to move the furniture from one side of the room to the other, I noticed an old journal of mine. Martie had reminded me that I used to make a habit of Journaling, but I had been writing these BLOGS and they supplanted my journaling. At any rate, I was curious about when I had written in this journal.  The first entry was January 9th 2011.  Re-reading it, I thought it might be good to share some of the things that the Lord has impressed on me then.  So here goes.

I had just arrived at New Missions, a ministry in Leogane, Haiti with a team from Orlando First Baptist Church.  Our friend and Pathfinder Board Member, Pastor Bill Mitchell had told me about the trip and knowing that we felt called to Haiti after being in Mississippi for 5 years, he invited me to tag along. 

<Entry>  9 Jan 2011. Arrived at New Missions in Haiti.  As I looked out of the windows at the airport in Port au Prince and during the bus ride (to Leogane) – I could not help but wonder – Is this the place where we are to minister next? I see people resolved to their life as it is – scrapping a meager existence from the land, from the debris – even from each other – then I heard the Lord say – ‘I an not calling you to fix Haiti – but to show the people Jesus – by what you say, yes, but also by the way you love –

Be careful not to compare yourself to others – what God calls you to do is between you and God – not others - <end of Entry>

Don't let life simply pass you by Christian.  Be on the lookout for what God has in mind for you. He will take you farther than you ever imagined if you will only say "Yes Lord"

See you tomorrow!

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone

No comments: