Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Why Does My Nest Does Not Look Like Yours?

My Utmost For His Highest
 
By the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain… —1 Corinthians 15:10
 
“We say things such as, “Oh, I shouldn’t claim to be sanctified; I’m not a saint.” But to say that before God means, “No, Lord, it is impossible for You to save and sanctify me; there are opportunities I have not had and so many imperfections in my brain and body; no, Lord, it isn’t possible.” That may sound wonderfully humble to others, but before God it is an attitude of defiance. Conversely, the things that sound humble before God may sound exactly the opposite to people. To say, “Thank God, I know I am saved and sanctified,” is in God’s eyes the purest expression of humility. It means you have so completely surrendered yourself to God that you know He is true. […] There is only one relationship that really matters, and that is your personal relationship to your personal Redeemer and Lord. If you maintain that at all costs, letting everything else go, God will fulfill His purpose through your life.” CHAMBERS
 
I was talking with my grandson the other day when he said he had a question for me.  I thought “uh-oh” I wonder what that might be. And then to my great joy he said “I was reading Genesis chapters 1 and 2.  Genesis 1 says God created man in His image and Genesis 2 says God created Adam and Eve. I thought Adam was the first man.” I explained that the chapters were not meant to convey a lapse of time.  That Adam was the man that God created in His image. That is what differentiates us from the other animals, even the monkeys.  I went on to say that man has a choice to obey or not to obey and he chose the latter.” “Didn’t God know that man would do that before He created him?”, my grandson asked.  “Yes, He did.  God knew that giving man the ability to choose would mean that man would choose to go his own way, to abandon God, and would need a Redeemer.” I said, “God could have created us like the other animals where we were limited in what we do, how we live, but He didn’t.” I talked about the birds and how you can tell by looking at a bird’s nest, what kind of bird built it.  The reason is that a Robin, every Robin, even a “rockin’ Robin”, builds the exact same nest.  They have no choice.  Imagine what the world would be like of man was like the Robin, I said.  Every house everywhere in the world looked exactly the same.  Man is the glory of God’s creation.  But because of Adam, even with the creative abilities that man has, every man falls short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23) Man needed a Savior.
 
To live the life that God intended, we must be one with the Father and one with our Savior (John 17:22-23).  We must be passionate about our relationship with Jesus.  Loving the Father with all of our hearts.  We must choose God over ourselves.  What is most important to you, the God who saved you or your salvation?  The gift should not hold a higher place than the Giver.  ELGIN
 
Oh Praise The Name Of Jesus
 
I cast my mind to Calvary   Where Jesus bled and died for me.
I see His wounds,His hands, His feet.  My Saviour on that cursed tree
 
His body bound and drenched in tears They laid Him down in Joseph's tomb.
The entrance sealed by heavy stone Messiah still and all alone
 
And then on the third at break of dawn,  The Son of heaven rose again.
O trampled death where is your sting?  The angels roar for Christ the King
 
He shall return in robes of white,  The blazing Son shall pierce the night.
And I will rise among the saints,  My gaze transfixed on Jesus' face
 
O praise the name of the Lord our God  O praise His name forever more
For endless days we will sing Your praise  Oh Lord, oh Lord our God

No comments: