Saturday, November 26, 2016

This New Life We Live Is All About Jesus And All About Grace

My Utmost For His Highest
 
…except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ… —Galatians 6:14
 
“If you want to know the power of God (that is, the resurrection life of Jesus) in your human flesh, you must dwell on the tragedy of God. Break away from your personal concern over your own spiritual condition, and with a completely open spirit consider the tragedy of God. Instantly the power of God will be in you. “Look to Me…” (Isaiah 45:22). Pay attention to the external Source and the internal power will be there. We lose power because we don’t focus on the right thing. The effect of the Cross is salvation, sanctification, healing, etc., but we are not to preach any of these. We are to preach “Jesus Christ and Him crucified” (1 Corinthians 2:2). The proclaiming of Jesus will do its own work. […] If I share my own words, they are of no more importance than your words are to me. But if we share the truth of God with one another, we will encounter it again and again. We have to focus on the great point of spiritual power— the Cross. If we stay in contact with that center of power, its energy is released in our lives. In holiness movements and spiritual experience meetings, the focus tends to be put not on the Cross of Christ but on the effects of the Cross.”  CHAMBERS
 
When you share your testimony do you focus mostly on what Jesus did in your life.  I have heard some very compelling stories, but it generally tends to draw my attention to the person telling and not to the Person saving.  When you share the Gospel, you focus on what Jesus did on the cross and not what Jesus did for you.  The Gospel is the catalyst for salvation.  (Romans 1:16) “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes”  That is not to say your testimony cannot include the Gospel, and should, but it is the focus that I am referring to.  (1 Peter 3:15) “But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear”  Please do not go away from this thinking I said “Don’t share your testimony.”  What I am saying is keep Jesus as the focus.  Jesus Saves!  ELGIN
 
At The Cross
 
Alas! and did my Savior bleed And did my Sovereign die
Would He devote that sacred head For sinners such as I
 
Thus might I hide my blushing face While His dear cross appears,
Dissolve my heart in thankfulness, And melt my eyes to tears.
 
But drops of grief can ne`er repay The debt of love I owe:
Here, Lord, I give my self away `Tis all that I can do.
 
At the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light, And the burden of my heart rolled away,
It was there by faith I received my sight, And now I am happy all the day!
 

No comments: