Monday, November 14, 2016

Pressing On To The Higher Calling Of My Lord

My Utmost For His Highest
 
As for me, being on the way, the Lord led me… —Genesis 24:27
 
“Sanctification means that we are made the children of God. A child’s life is normally obedient, until he chooses disobedience. But as soon as he chooses to disobey, an inherent inner conflict is produced. On the spiritual level, inner conflict is the warning of the Spirit of God. When He warns us in this way, we must stop at once and be renewed in the spirit of our mind to discern God’s will (see Romans 12:2). If we are born again by the Spirit of God, our devotion to Him is hindered, or even stopped, by continually asking Him to guide us here and there. “…the Lord led me…” and on looking back we see the presence of an amazing design. If we are born of God we will see His guiding hand and give Him the credit.[…] Never believe that the so-called random events of life are anything less than God’s appointed order. Be ready to discover His divine designs anywhere and everywhere.”  CHAMBERS
 
The Bible is God’s revealed will.  It teaches us about the nature of God and the nature of man.  It helps us to see the pitfalls that lay abundantly along the path of life.  It warns us of the dangers and the persistence of our old nature and its attempt to draw us back.  David wrote (Psalm 119:103) “How sweet are Your words to my taste, Sweeter than honey to my mouth!” When I write these words, I think about the millions of Christians that do not have access to the written Word of God.  So many have not “tasted” the Word for themselves.  But those who are reading this devotion have the means and opportunity to enjoy the word, and yet because of technology and our affluence, the reading of the Word has lost its importance to many of us.  The Word is a lamp and a light (Palm 119:105).  The Word is the “tool” the Holy Spirit uses to shape our thinking, our understanding.  The Word steadies our footing on this earthly journey. The point of my writing this each morning is not to supplant your reading of the Word, but to encourage you to press on in your faith and pursuit of the sanctified life in Christ. Make regular reading the Word part of that pursuit.  ELGIN
 
Pressing On  Bob Dillon
 
Well I'm pressing on, Yes, I'm pressing on, Well I'm pressing on, To the higher calling of my Lord.
 
Many try to stop me, shake me up in my mind,
Say, "Prove to me that He is Lord, show me a sign."
What kind of sign they need when it all comes from within,
When what's lost has been found, what's to come has already been?
 
Well I'm pressing on, Yes, I'm pressing on, Well I'm pressing on, To the higher calling of my Lord.
 
Shake the dust off of your feet, don't look back.
Nothing now can hold you down, nothing that you lack.
Temptation's not an easy thing, Adam given the devil reign
Because he sinned I got no choice, it run in my veins.
 
Well I'm pressing on, Yes, I'm pressing on, Well I'm pressing on, To the higher calling of my Lord.

No comments: