Friday, November 18, 2016

The Impossibility Of Loving God WIth Half A Heart - But We Try To Anyway

My Utmost For His Highest
 
If the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed. —John 8:36
 
“We are designed with a great capacity for God, but sin, our own individuality, and wrong thinking keep us from getting to Him. God delivers us from sin— we have to deliver ourselves from our individuality. This means offering our natural life to God and sacrificing it to Him, so He may transform it into spiritual life through our obedience.[…] God will not discipline us; we must discipline ourselves. God will not bring our “arguments…and every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:5)— we have to do it. Don’t say, “Oh, Lord, I suffer from wandering thoughts.” Don’t suffer from wandering thoughts. Stop listening to the tyranny of your individual natural life and win freedom into the spiritual life.[…] It is what Paul meant in Galatians 2:20 when he said, “I have been crucified with Christ….” His individuality had been broken and his spirit had been united with his Lord; not just merged into Him, but made one with Him. [...] We tend to rely on our own energy, instead of being energized by the power that comes from identification with Jesus.” CHAMBERS
 
The source transformation that takes place in a believer’s life is the power of God.  But the means by which that transformation is revealed is through obedience.  That seems to be a recurring theme doesn’t it?  It must be important to be mentioned so often in the Bible and in devotions that reflect on the teaching of the Bible.  If our primary purpose – our chief end – is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever, shouldn’t that be important to us? I mean if that is the main thing in my life, shouldn’t it be a compelling aspect of my behavior?  Shouldn’t everything I do and say be couched in the context of bringing glory to God through my life?  Well, that begins and ends with obedience.  I must decide that my primary purpose is to bring glory to God and I must embrace that truth.  Once embraced, I must live it out.  And if it’s not.  If in your examining your life and you don’t get a resounding “That is true for me!” then something else is number one in your life.  You have become content with being half-hearted for God .. and that contentment has its root in obedience.  (Matthew 6:24) “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other.”  If you believe that you can embrace your culture and embrace God at the same time, stop it, you cannot.  It will always lead to you abandoning God.  Always. ELGIN
 
Knowing You Jesus - Graham Kendrick
 
All I once held dear built my life upon All this world reveres, and wars to own
All I once thought gain I have counted loss Spent and worthless now, compared to this
 
Now my heart's desire is to know you more To be found in you, and known as yours
To possess by faith what I could not earn All surpassing gift of righteousness
 
Oh to know the power of your risen life And to know you in your suffering
To become like you in your death my Lord So with You to live And never die
 
Knowing you, Jesus knowing you There is no greater thing
You're my all you're the best You're my joy, my righteousness And I love you ,Lord

No comments: