Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Want To Know How Many People I haved Saved? None But I Have Shared The Gospel With Thousands

My Utmost For His Highest
 
I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ… —Colossians 1:24
 
“The Christian worker has to be a sacred “go-between.” He must be so closely identified with his Lord and the reality of His redemption that Christ can continually bring His creating life through him. I am not referring to the strength of one individual’s personality being superimposed on another, but the real presence of Christ coming through every aspect of the worker’s life. When we preach the historical facts of the life and death of our Lord as they are conveyed in the New Testament, our words are made sacred. God uses these words, on the basis of His redemption, to create something in those who listen which otherwise could never have been created. […] We must make sure that we are living in such harmony with God that as we proclaim His truth He can create in others those things which He alone can do. […] The danger is to glory in men, yet Jesus says we are to lift up only Him (see John 12:32)." CHAMBERS
 
Recently our granddaughter asked if a young man could come to the house.  She needed to talk to him.  When asked what the subject was, she replied, “He needs Jesus.”  Oh that all of us would be so responsive to the Lord’s prompting to speak the Gospel.  She met with the young man, expecting a conversion on our front porch.  It didn’t happen, which confused her.  She was so confident that it was the right thing to do.  I explained to her that from the first time my parents shared the Gospel with me, I was 19 serving in the Mekong Delta, South Vietnam, until I yielded my heart to the Lord was 7 years.  I told her our responsibility is to speak when prompted.  It is God who calls and God who saves.  You have had and will have the opportunity to share your faith … meaning to share the Gospel, not just talk about yourself.  The telling of what happened to you does not save people, it only describes your spiritual journey.  (Romans 1:16) “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes…” (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)  “For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures.” No one is willing to receive the spiritual truth of that proclamation unless the Spirit of God is at work.  You cannot convince anyone through logic or argument of its truth.  Bottom line.  You do your part and let God do His.  ELGIN

No comments: