Tuesday, December 2, 2014

When Things Don't Go Your Way ..




“How can we say, “It could never be God’s will for me to be sick”? If it was God’s will to bruise His own Son (Isaiah 53:10), why shouldn’t He bruise you? What shines forth and reveals God in your life is not your relative consistency to an idea of what a saint should be, but your genuine, living relationship with Jesus Christ, and your unrestrained devotion to Him whether you are well or sick. […] God’s purpose is not to perfect me to make me a trophy in His showcase; He is getting me to the place where He can use me. Let Him do what He wants.” CHAMBERS

What is your idea of the proper Christian life?  Does it include the absence of hardships … no financial worries .. no relationship problems .. perfect children … good health … the absence of trouble?  The absence of hardship is not the validation of being right with God.  Jesus said that we will face hardships (John 16:33) … the true test of spiritual maturity is “Do we have sufficient faith to allow God to be glorified through that hardship?”  Jesus modeled that for us.  You might be thinking .. “But I am not Jesus” .. that’s true enough … but Paul said “[we] can do all things through Christ, who strengthens us.” (Philippians 4:13)

The Anchor Holds – Ray Boltz

“I have journeyed, through the long, dark night out on the open sea
By faith alone Sight unknown And yet His eyes were watching me.
The anchor holds  though the ship is battered the anchor holds though the sails are torn.
I have fallen on my knees as I faced the raging seas, the anchor holds in spite of the storm”

(2 Corinthians 4:7-10) “ But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.  We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;  persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.”

The darker the night, the brighter the light .. Put your hope in God and let you light shine! ELGIN

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: