Wednesday, December 17, 2014

It Is Simply Jesus




“The natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him…” —1 Corinthians 2:14

The gospel of God creates the sense of need for the gospel. […] Jesus said, “And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself” (John 12:32). When we preach our own experiences, people may be interested, but it awakens no real sense of need. But once Jesus Christ is “lifted up,” the Spirit of God creates an awareness of the need for Him. The creative power of the redemption of God works in the souls of men only through the preaching of the gospel. It is never the sharing of personal experiences that saves people, but the truth of redemption. “The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life” (John 6:63). CHAMBERS

Our testimony does not save people .. only faith in Jesus can do that.  Our testimony does not awaken people to their need for a savior .. only Jesus lifted up .. the Gospel .. can do that.  Does that mean that our testimony has no value? Of course not.  Our testimony is a demonstration of the power of salvation in one life. Our testimony gives glory to God as we share about a life changed.  I don’t pretend to understand how it all fits together .. but I do know that my words about my life will not save anyone. I have a good friend who when asked "What do you think?" always responds "Jesus Saves!"  When it comes to salvation …. it is simply Jesus.  Thanks be to God!  ELGIN

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: