Tuesday, May 13, 2014

What Part Of The Bible Do You Believe?

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘If I am in the habit of continually holding God’s standard in front of me, my conscience will always direct me to God’s perfect law and indicate what I should do. The question is, will I obey? I have to make an effort to keep my conscience so sensitive that I can live without any offense toward anyone. I should be living in such perfect harmony with God’s Son that the spirit of my mind is being renewed through every circumstance of life, and that I may be able to quickly “prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God”’ CHAMBERS
 
Psalm 19:7-10 “The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple; The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes; The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, Yea, than much fine gold; Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.”
 
Dr. Henry Blackaby, in Experiencing God, says that God will bring you to a crisis of believe that requires faith and action (which is obedience) resulting in you making a major adjustment in your life.  We tend to think of that in terms of some momentous decision .. a should I go to Africa as a missionary kind of decision … but really it is something we face every time the spirit collides with our flesh.  Someone once said “The part of the Bible you believe is that part you obey.” We are faced with these challenges every day … more than once a day … the question is … do we obey the truth.  Maybe more important is “how” can we obey the truth.  Read Psalm 119:11 and Joshua 1:8 … God has already told us how to do it … Go figure!
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: