Saturday, May 24, 2014

He Keeps You Safe In The Storm

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘Take a look at some of the things that cause despair. There is despair which has no delight, no limits whatsoever, and no hope of anything brighter. But the delight of despair comes when “I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells . . .” (Romans 7:18). I delight in knowing that there is something in me which must fall prostrate before God when He reveals Himself to me, and also in knowing that if I am ever to be raised up it must be by the hand of God. God can do nothing for me until I recognize the limits of what is humanly possible, allowing Him to do the impossible.’ CHAMBERS
 
There is a Haitian Proverb, “Bondye do ou: fe pa(kab) ou, M(wen) a fe pa(kab) M(wen)” – “God says do your part and I'll do mine.” We all know we have limits … that is what brings so much stress in our lives.  But that is the point of scripture that tells us to trust God.  We should do what we can just short of stressing .. just short of worry, and then we leave the rest to God.  Were you ever afraid in a thunderstorm as a child? Did you seek your parents for comfort?  They didn’t make the storm go away .. but they were with you through it.  You do not have to face the storms of life on your own.  Draw close to God.  Look to Him. And the peace of God that passes all understanding will keep you. The God of all comfort will comfort you in the storm.
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: