Thursday, March 21, 2013

New Life In Christ

My Utmost For His Highest

I have been crucified with Christ . . . —Galatians 2:20
 
“. . . it is no longer I who live . . . .” My individuality remains, but my primary motivation for living and the nature that rules me are radically changed. I have the same human body, but the old satanic right to myself has been destroyed.  “. . . and the life which I now live in the flesh,” not the life which I long to live or even pray that I live, but the life I now live in my mortal flesh-the life which others can see, “I live by faith in the Son of God . . . .” This faith was not Paul’s own faith in Jesus Christ, but the faith the Son God had given to him (see Ephesians 2:8). It is no longer a faith in faith, but a faith that transcends all imaginable limits-a faith that comes only from the Son of God.’ CHAMBERS
 
Satanic right to myself .. do those words seem strange to you?  What was Satan’s problem?  He wanted to be God .. He didn’t want to be one with Him .. he wanted to rule.  When we go our own way that is what we are doing .. following the path of Satan.  This is the point where people start thinking that I am getting fanatical in my thinking.  The question we must ask ourselves is .. ‘Why am I wanting this or doing this?” to satisfy myself .. my insecurities, my misplaced passions, my lack of faith .. or am I doing it to bring glory to the Father and good to others.  And, by the way, good to others is not helping them follow after their own lusts .. but meeting their physical and spiritual needs . not wants.
 
A note of caution ….. I have noticed that Christians often tempted to hang their “sacrifices” to the Lord  on their gates as trophies for all to see and marvel at.  We must be careful that what we offer to God we offer in secret .. it should not be for the praise of men but for the glory of God that we do as we do. People will marvel when you give up what they love and try to give you credit for making a sacrifice .. be careful that you do not rob God of His glory.
 
This is what walking by faith and not by sight means … trust God and not yourself … abandon your affections for the things of this world so if and when you give them up .. they will mean no more than the empty soda bottle you just tossed in the trash .. er recycle bin …
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: