Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Does Jesus Have Your Heart?


My Utmost For His Highest

Genuine total surrender is a personal sovereign preference for Jesus Christ Himself. Where does Jesus Christ figure in when we have a concern about our natural relationships? Most of us will desert Him with this excuse—”Yes, Lord, I heard you call me, but my family needs me and I have my own interests. I just can’t go any further” (see Luke 9:57-62). “Then,” Jesus says, “you ’cannot be My disciple’ ” (see Luke 14:26-33). True surrender will always go beyond natural devotion. If we will only give up, God will surrender Himself to embrace all those around us and will meet their needs, which were created by our surrender. Beware of stopping anywhere short of total surrender to God.’ CHAMBERS
 
“All to Jesus I surrender.  All to Him I freely give.  I will ever love and trust Him. In His presence daily live.  I surrender all.  I surrender all.  All to thee, my blessed Savior.  I surrender all.” How many times have you sung that song in church.  We sing so many songs on Sunday mornings .. without really hearing the words .. or meaning what we sing .. we are just singing … Jesus demands total commitment to Him.  Are you ready to give it?  I fear that many if not most Christians like being Christians because of what they get not because of what they can give. The health and wealth gospel that is rampant in our churches encourages us to think about what God will “bless” us with.  Our focus is on us not Him.
 
Jesus wants your heart … Sing this song as a prayer today …..   “Lord you have my heart and I will search for yours. Jesus take my life and lead me on.  Lord you have my heart and I will search for yours.  Let me be to you a sacrifice. And I will praise you   Lord. And I will sing ---- of-love come down.  And as you show your face we'll see your glory here.”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: