Sunday, March 17, 2013

Living in The Shadows


My Utmost For His Highest

Any goal we have that diverts us even to the slightest degree from the central goal of being “approved to God” (2 Timothy 2:15) may result in our rejection from further service for Him. When you discern where the goal leads, you will understand why it is so necessary to keep “looking unto Jesus” (Hebrews 12:2). Paul spoke of the importance of controlling his own body so that it would not take him in the wrong direction. He said, “I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest . . . I myself should become disqualified” (1 Corinthians 9:27). I must learn to relate everything to the primary goal, maintaining it without interruption. My worth to God publicly is measured by what I really am in my private life. Is my primary goal in life to please Him and to be acceptable to Him, or is it something less, no matter how lofty it may sound?’ CHAMBERS
 
We have a problem of confusing “doing” with “being”.  It’s not a new problem.  Whole denominations have risen up around the idea that it is what you do that makes you right before God.  Jesus confronted the Pharisees over that issue.  They were at the top of the spiritual ladder .. and yet Jesus said they were blind guides .. white washed tombs filled with dead men’s bones.
 
Matthew 23:24,27  “Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!  […] For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness.”
 
Do you think that the Pharisees thought they were on the right track?  Doing the right things?  That it was about appearance and not heart?  Galatians 2:20  “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.”
 
Our new life beings and ends with Jesus … but it is so easy to walk away from Him and live in the shadow of true faith.  We can be doing wonderful things, but if Jesus is not in it .. we have missed the point … my new life is to bring glory to God .. without Jesus at the center of my life, God is not glorified … Let this be your song and prayer today
 
Give Me Jesus. “In the morning, when I rise, In the morning, when I rise,  In the morning, when I rise, Give me Jesus….. Give me Jesus, give me Jesus … You can have all this world .. But give me Jesus
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: