Tuesday, March 5, 2013

God's Purpose For You


My Utmost For His Highest

. . . so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus . . . —Acts 20:24

Joy comes from seeing the complete fulfillment of the specific purpose for which I was created and born again, not from successfully doing something of my own choosing. The joy our Lord experienced came from doing what the Father sent Him to do. And He says to us, “As the Father has sent Me, I also send you” (John 20:21). Have you received a ministry from the Lord? If so, you must be faithful to it— to consider your life valuable only for the purpose of fulfilling that ministry. Knowing that you have done what Jesus sent you to do, think how satisfying it will be to hear Him say to you, “Well done, good and faithful servant” (Matthew 25:21). We each have to find a niche in life, and spiritually we find it when we receive a ministry from the Lord.’ CHAMBERS
 
Ephesians 2:10  “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” I know that there are a number of explanations for this verse.  From generic .. Christian living to specific Christian service.  I believe that God has a specific purpose for my life although being a faithful disciple of Jesus would be sufficient .. God has more planned for each of us than that.

I was working for the Air Force in 2004, before Martie and I left secular work to serve on the Gulf Coast after Katrina. A part of my responsibilities was to help manage the Air Force contract with Microsoft and Dell Computers.  One day, I was at Dell Headquarters in Texas at a conference talking to Air Force representatives about the contract. A Microsoft representative asked me if I would come to the Microsoft Symposium and speak about the contract there.  Now for an IT guy, like I was, that was like being asked to go to the White House and speak. But, there was nothing .. it was as significant to me as if he had asked me to get a cup of coffee.  It was at that point .. that very point when I knew that God had called me to something else.  I didn’t know what exactly, but knew it was not going to Microsoft.  A few weeks later, my boss was in a meeting in Washington with the Air Force Chief Information Officer.  During the meeting she told the CIO that I was leaving.  He asked if I was going to work for Dell or Microsoft, she said “neither ..he is going to work for God”
 
Psalms 37:4-5  “Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass."
 
This verse says delight yourself in God .. make Him your priority and He will cause you to care about what He cares about.  He will give you a new passion.  One that is consistent with His purpose for you.  So what about you?  Is God speaking to your heart?
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: