Thursday, August 9, 2012

Take Up Your Cross

My Utmost For His Highest

‘When I come into contact with the everyday occurrences of life as an ordinary human being, is the prayer of God’s eternal Son to His Father being prayed in me? Jesus says, “In that day you will ask in My name . . .” (John 16:26). What day does He mean? He is referring to the day when the Holy Spirit has come to me and made me one with my Lord.’ CHAMBERS

Jesus is one with the Father … that means that there are no inconsistencies between them .. Jesus’ will is an exact match to the will of the Father. In Matthew it is recorded that when Jesus prayed in the Garden, He asked twice if it was possible that he would not have to drink from the cup .. the cross …

Matthew 26:39,42  He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, "O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will."  (42)  Again, a second time, He went away and prayed, saying, "O My Father, if this cup cannot pass away from Me unless I drink it, Your will be done."

Like Jesus … we have two natures … one carnal and one spiritual.  His flesh was tempted in every way.  But He always submitted to the will of the Father .. even when His flesh was struggling.  Remember when He was tempted in the desert (Matthew 4) … it was his flesh that was tempted … but He responded with His spirit.  Although we are not equal with Jesus, He is called the first born among many brothers

Romans 8:28-29  And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.  (29)  For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

We will face difficult circumstances .. challenges to trust in ourselves and not in God … our flesh will say ‘no’, but our spirit must say yes ….. remembering that all things work together for good .. when you abide in God’s love and obey His will …

John 15:9-11  "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.  (10)  If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.  (11)  "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.

God’s will for us is perfect … that means that there is not a plan B.  You cannot come up with a better idea … but you can choose to disobey.  Our challenge is to trust Him and yield our lives to His will.  To live this way requires faith and spiritual strength.  We cannot live the life God has called us to .. to obey His will … merely by deciding to .. it requires discipline and determination …

Let your prayer be today ….. Father, ‘Not my will but Your will be done.’  And then pick up your cross and follow Jesus.

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: