Wednesday, August 1, 2012

God Can Do It!

My Utmost For His Highest

‘He works where He sends us to wait. “. . . tarry . . . until . . .” (Luke 24:49). “Wait on the Lord” and He will work (Psalm 37:34). But don’t wait sulking spiritually and feeling sorry for yourself, just because you can’t see one inch in front of you! Are we detached enough from our own spiritual fits of emotion to “wait patiently for Him”? (Psalm 37:7). Waiting is not sitting with folded hands doing nothing, but it is learning to do what we are told. …. When you obeyed and left all the consequences to God, the Lord went into your city to teach, but as long as you were disobedient, you blocked His way. Watch where you begin to debate with Him and put what you call your duty into competition with His commands. If you say, “I know that He told me to go, but my duty is here,” it simply means that you do not believe that Jesus means what He says.’ CHAMBERS

I love it when the Lord confirms what the Spirit says.  I just finished an email encouraging some men to listen for God’s voice and obeying it .. in spite of what we see .. Then I read My Utmost for His Highest for today and there it was … confirmation … MUFHH is a devotion for every day of the year .. the order does not change nor do the words. Yet, it seems that God uses this book to affirm what is going on in my life and the lives of others just at the right time … do not misunderstand me .. this is not the Word of God .. but are principles and application from the Word explained by a man .. Oswald Chambers.  God uses His Word and other Believers to show us and teach us.  But it is up to us to discern what is from God and what is merely human wisdom.  For that we need God’s Spirit.

So this morning I find myself faced with the task of removing a mountain and all I have is a teaspoon.  Lord how will I do this?  His answer?  ‘You can’t but I can!’ and I am reminded once again.  Bondye kapab fe sa.  God can do it!

Jeremiah 32:15-17  For thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: "Houses and fields and vineyards shall be possessed again in this land." '  "Now when I had delivered the purchase deed to Baruch the son of Neriah, I prayed to the LORD, saying:  'Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You.

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: