Sunday, March 18, 2012

Where are you....... ?

My Utmost For His Highest

I claim God’s promises for my life and look to their fulfillment, and rightly so, but that shows only the human perspective on them. God’s perspective is that through His promises I will come to recognize His claim of ownership on me. For example, do I realize that my “body is the temple of the Holy Spirit,” or am I condoning some habit in my body which clearly could not withstand the light of God on it? (1 Corinthians 6:19). God formed His Son in me through sanctification, setting me apart from sin and making me holy in His sight (see Galatians 4:19). But I must begin to transform my natural life into spiritual life by obedience to Him. God instructs us even in the smallest details of life. And when He brings you conviction of sin, do not “confer with flesh and blood,” but cleanse yourself from it at once (Galatians 1:16). Keep yourself cleansed in your daily walk. CHAMBERS

Isn’t it a wonder?  I mean isn’t it amazing at how we can justify our sin as being ‘OK’ or maybe think that what we do is hidden from God?  You know that thinking started in the Garden … “And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. Then the LORD God called to Adam and said to him, "Where are you?" So he said, "I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself." And He said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?" Then the man said, "The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate." (Genesis 3:8-12)

We know that as Christians the Spirit of God is ‘in’ us.  Ephesians 1:13, and other verses, tells us that.  So what leads us to believe that we can hide our sin from God?  Or worse yet, what led us to believe that it doesn’t really matter .. the dangerous thinking that I can carry sin around with me and it really won’t impact my relationships .. with God or with others.  Sounds crazy when you read it .. but reasonable when you think it because you have sinned and want to hide.  You know what the really crazy thing is?  Thinking that God will reject you if you come to Him and confess what you have done.  1 John 1:9 says God is faithful to forgive us.  If He was UN-faithful then when we come to Him, He might say, “I don’t think so, not today .. maybe next time!”  But He is NOT unfaithful. 

I believe that un-confessed sin is epidemic in the Church.  People walking around trying to look and act “Christian” when their hearts are really far from God.  For many, going to church is like going to the golf club.  It is something they do, it does not define their life, who they are.  You know even as I am typing these words I am wondering what is it in my life that I am trying to hide from God?  It’s my “Adamic” nature at work.  That is not to be construed as an excuse but a reason.  It is something that I must overcome by yielding my will to God.  (Romans 12:1,2)  How about you?

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: