Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Returning to God

My Utmost For His Highest

We should experience delight for having heard God speak, but mostly humiliation for having taken so long to hear Him! Then we will exclaim, “How slow I have been to listen and understand what God has been telling me!” And yet God has been saying it for days and even weeks. But once you hear Him, He gives you the gift of humiliation, which brings a softness of heart— a gift that will always cause you to listen to God now. CHAMBERS

When we do not walk in the light of our faith .. and all of us struggle with that … our hearts become hardened toward the things of God.  But God pursues us … He will not let us alone … He loves us even though we reject Him.  Read about Hosea and Gomer in Hosea chapters 1-3 That was a picture of God (Hosea) and Israel (Gomer), but it could also be said of us … the adultry is loving other things and pursuing them and turning our backs on Jehovah.  But God continues to pursue us .. and then we hear His voice, our hearts are softened and we return to Him with humiliation … sorrow … a repentant heart … ready to listen to God and walk in His ways.

Our hearts do not become hard overnight .. but over time … one day … one sin … at a time … then we find ourselves far away from God

I am reminded of a song ..  Lord I am Coming Home by William J Kirkpatrick

1.      I’ve wandered far away from God, Now I’m coming home;
The paths of sin too long I’ve trod,
Lord, I’m coming home.

o       Refrain:
Coming home, coming home,
Nevermore to roam;

o       Open wide Thine arms of love, Lord, I’m coming home.
   

2.      I’ve wasted many precious years, Now I’m coming home;
I now repent with bitter tears,
Lord, I’m coming home.

3.      I’m tired of sin and straying, Lord, Now I’m coming home;
I’ll trust Thy love, believe Thy word,
Lord, I’m coming home.

4.      My soul is sick, my heart is sore, Now I’m coming home;
My strength renew, my home restore,
Lord, I’m coming home.

5.      My only hope, my only plea, Now I’m coming home;
That Jesus died, and died for me,
Lord, I’m coming home.

6.      I need His cleansing blood I know, Now I’m coming home;
Oh, wash me whiter than the snow,
Lord, I’m coming home.

The Lord calls to us come on back to the house … His arms are open wide.  Share this with someone who needs to hear it, today.

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: