Wednesday, March 23, 2016

How To Stop Living A Life Of Strife

My Utmost For His Highest
 
Where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal…? —1 Corinthians 3:3
 
“The natural man, or unbeliever, knows nothing about carnality. The desires of the flesh warring against the Spirit, and the Spirit warring against the flesh, which began at rebirth, are what produce carnality and the awareness of it. But Paul said, “Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh” (Galatians 5:16). In other words, carnality will disappear. Are you quarrelsome and easily upset over small things? Do you think that no one who is a Christian is ever like that? Paul said they are, and he connected these attitudes with carnality. Is there a truth in the Bible that instantly awakens a spirit of malice or resentment in you? […] If the Spirit of God detects anything in you that is wrong, He doesn’t ask you to make it right; He only asks you to accept the light of truth, and then He will make it right. A child of the light will confess sin instantly and stand completely open before God. But a child of the darkness will say, “Oh, I can explain that.” When the light shines and the Spirit brings conviction of sin, be a child of the light. Confess your wrongdoing, and God will deal with it. If, however, you try to vindicate yourself, you prove yourself to be a child of the darkness.” CHAMBERS
 
Living at peace and in harmony with others.  I watch so many people struggle in their relationships.  So many choose relationships that are ripe with strife.  And for some reason, they choose a life of strife over a life of peace and harmony.  If there is anger, resentment, distrust, lies, broken promises, unfaithfulness do you for one minute think that is coming from God?  Why would a person choose a life like?  I can answer that.  Because those choices have nothing to do with God, but the flesh getting what the flesh wants.  The Word says that we should not be unevenly yoked (2 Corinthians 6:14) .. married to an unbeliever … and yet, so many Christians date and marry non-Christians and then reap with result of that disobedience.  This is the bottom line – if we choose a way other than what God has shown us, we should not expect a good outcome.  But we do! Over and over.  If you sense some frustration in my writing .. it is because I am.  We cannot live other people’s lives .. to make heart-level choices for them.  Each of us is responsible to God. What we can do is pray that others who have chosen poorly, will turn their hearts and trust toward God.  When the “light shines and the Spirit brings conviction” they won’t quench the Spirit and refuse to repent.  If what I am writing this morning applies to you, don’t believe the father of lies, the devil, that it’s too late.  That you have gone too far.  You are never out of God’s reach.  He is always looking to the hill waiting for the prodigal to return.  His love never fails. Make this song your prayer and commitment.   ELGIN
 
Lord, I’m Coming Home | William J. Kirkpatrick
 
I’ve wandered far away from God, Now I’m coming home; The paths of sin too long I’ve trod, Lord, I’m coming home.
I’ve wasted many precious years, Now I’m coming home; I now repent with bitter tears, Lord, I’m coming home.
I’m tired of sin and straying, Lord, Now I’m coming home; I’ll trust Thy love, believe Thy word, Lord, I’m coming home.
My soul is sick, my heart is sore, Now I’m coming home; My strength renew, my hope restore, Lord, I’m coming home.
My only hope, my only plea, Now I’m coming home; That Jesus died, and died for me, Lord, I’m coming home.
I need His cleansing blood I know, Now I’m coming home; Oh, wash me whiter than the snow, Lord, I’m coming home.
Coming home, coming home, Nevermore to roam; Open wide Thine arms of love, Lord, I’m coming home.
 
Charley Elgin

No comments: