Monday, September 22, 2014

A New Way Of Thinking And Living

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘To have a master and teacher is not the same thing as being mastered and taught. Having a master and teacher means that there is someone who knows me better than I know myself, who is closer than a friend, and who understands the remotest depths of my heart and is able to satisfy them fully. It means having someone who has made me secure in the knowledge that he has met and solved all the doubts, uncertainties, and problems in my mind. To have a master and teacher is this and nothing less— “. . . for One is your Teacher, the Christ . . .”’ (Matthew 23:8).  CHAMBERS
 
Do you believe that the Lord has met and solved all of the problems in your mind?  Notice Chambers did not say “life”.  We are going to have problems in our lives .. we live in a sin-sick world.  This world is a malformed version of what God intended but what sin produced.
 
Jesus said we will have trouble … so why do we act surprised when it comes our way?  But He has overcome the world .. John 16:33
 
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
 
To rest in that knowledge you must trust Jesus … He must be your Lord.  Luke 6:46  “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?” Jesus asks a good question, don’t you think?  If we love Him we will obey Him.
 
Trust and Obey
 
“When we walk with the Lord, in the light of His word,  What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will, He abides with us still,  And with all who will trust and obey.
 
Trust and obey, for there's no other way  To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: