Saturday, August 22, 2015

You Know What I Think, Jesus Saves!




“indeed baptize you with water…but He…will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.” —Matthew 3:11

Repentance does not cause a sense of sin— it causes a sense of inexpressible unworthiness. When I repent, I realize that I am absolutely helpless, and I know that through and through I am not worthy even to carry His sandals. Have I repented like that, or do I have a lingering thought of possibly trying to defend my actions? The reason God cannot come into my life is that I am not at the point of complete repentance. […] John (the Baptist) is not speaking here of the baptism of the Holy Spirit as an experience, but as a work performed by Jesus Christ. “He will baptize you….” The only experience that those who are baptized with the Holy Spirit are ever conscious of is the experience of sensing their absolute unworthiness.[…] Get to the end of yourself where you can do nothing, but where He does everything.” CHAMBERS

Denominations have risen up over the issue of what “baptism of the Holy Spirit” means.  I will not debate that.  But I will share what the Word is clear about … (Ephesians 1:13-14) “When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.”  At the point of your new birth, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit.  (1 Corinthians 6:19) “Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own”  If you are a Christian, you have God’s Spirit “in you”. Everywhere .. every day.  You have the capacity to either yield to the Spirit or quench the Spirit … resist His influence. 

(Isaiah 6:5-7)  Isaiah said  ““Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.” Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.””  Isaiah felt unworthy to be in the presence of the Lord.  He saw himself for what he was .. unable to do anything about it … but then he heard “your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for” 

Submitting to the Holy Spirit means that you will sense your unworthiness and helplessness before the Lord.  But “your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for” by the blood of the Lamb.  You must get past your feelings and walk in the facts.  Do you continue to sin? Yes.  What do you do with that?  Make excuses for it?  Accept it as inescapable?  You will never be perfect … but you should never submit to the sinful life … but sharpen your awareness of the presence of the Spirit in you, it takes faith to move beyond your feelings of unworthiness and guilt to a place of peace and forgiveness.  Repentance means turning away from your sin .. you can only do that by the power of the Spirit and the Word of the Lord.  You have already proven, many times, that you can’t do it on your own. ELGIN

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: