Monday, August 3, 2015

Time and Money .. Stumbling blocks to obedience




He…said to them, "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem…" —Luke 18:31

“Jerusalem, in the life of our Lord, represents the place where He reached the culmination of His Father’s will. Jesus said, “I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me” (John 5:30). Seeking to do “the will of the Father” was the one dominating concern throughout our Lord’s life. And whatever He encountered along the way, whether joy or sorrow, success or failure, He was never deterred from that purpose. “…He steadfastly set His face to go to Jerusalem…” (Luke 9:51). The greatest thing for us to remember is that we go up to Jerusalem to fulfill God’s purpose, not our own. In the natural life our ambitions are our own, but in the Christian life we have no goals of our own. We talk so much today about our decisions for Christ, our determination to be Christians, and our decisions for this and that, but in the New Testament the only aspect that is brought out is the compelling purpose of God. “You did not choose Me, but I chose you…” (John 15:16).” CHAMBERS

What are the most important  considerations in deciding if you will do something.  For many Christians, it is affordability and convenience.  What will it cost me and how will it impact my life.  Seeking to do the will of the Father means to act in obedience to Him in spite of the cots and the convenience.  To consider anything except obedience is to place yourself ahead of God.  To say, “I want to live the Christian life, but it must fit it with my natural life”.  Jesus said  that if anyone follows Me, he must pick up his cross, daily … he must decide to make what he wants less and what the Father wants more … and then follow Me .. live the life that I lived .. have the priorities that I have … be like Me. (Matthew 16:24)  When I encourage people to go to Haiti .. many say they would love to, but have to check a couple things … right .. affordability and convenience … the real question is .. what is God telling you to do … not me … If God is saying go to Haiti, then you need to go to Haiti … Where God guides He provides.  I am certain that you can come up with all kinds of reasons why someone should wait .. I didn’t say they should not wait for God’s timing .. I am saying they should not say “no” to God.  What is He saying to you?  And how did you answer?  ELGIN

“Yes Lord yes to your will and to your way.  Yes, Lord yes, I will trust you and obey.  When your Spirit speaks to me with my whole heart I’ll agree and I will answer Yes Lord Yes!”

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: