Saturday, August 8, 2015

If God Says "Go!", You Go




“Do I find myself continually saying in amazement to the commonsense part of my life, “Why did you want me to turn here or to go over there? ‘Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?’ ” (Luke 2:49). Whatever our circumstances may be, that holy, innocent, and eternal Child must be in contact with His Father. Am I simple enough to identify myself with my Lord in this way? Is He having His wonderful way with me? Is God’s will being fulfilled in that His Son has been formed in me (see Galatians 4:19), or have I carefully pushed Him to one side? Oh, the noisy outcry of today! Why does everyone seem to be crying out so loudly? People today are crying out for the Son of God to be put to death. There is no room here for God’s Son right now— no room for quiet, holy fellowship and oneness with the Father.” CHAMBERS

I recently received a message from a friend who apologized for having fallen out of touch and then chastised me for essentially wasting four years of my life in a country that did not deserve my sacrifice.  I was somewhat dismayed by his words.  Martie and I must be about our Father’s business, primarily.  My friend looks at Haiti like Jonah looked at Nineveh.  The people don’t deserve help, they deserve condemnation .. judgement.  His words were not biting, but revealing.  The Word says in (Matthew 12:24), “Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.”  People will reveal their hearts … whether they are walking after the Spirit or the Flesh as well as their level of understanding of what you are doing, by what they say.  You just have to listen.  Before we left Mississippi for Haiti, another friend, not a believer, asked me if I was crazy for going to Haiti.  I told him “It’s not my idea!”  God has called us to go … what I would tell the Haitians was “Si Bondye di ale, ou ale.”  If God says go, you go.

When you follow God’s leading .. His call .. what you do may not make any sense to the natural man.  They can see the acts of kindness .. but they cannot see the wisdom .. understand the motivation.  (1 Corinthians 2:14) “But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”  Don’t expect the world to applaud you for following God’s call.  In fact .. other Christians who are busy chasing the things of this world will not either.  You will be a puzzlement (great word)  to them.  That is really their problem, not yours.  My advice .. press on. ELGIN

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: