Monday, September 30, 2013

Are You Willing?

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘[…]  But when He uses someone we dislike, or some set of circumstances to which we said we would never submit, to crush us, then we object. […] If we are ever going to be made into wine, we will have to be crushed—you cannot drink grapes. Grapes become wine only when they have been squeezed.[…] To be a holy person means that the elements of our natural life experience [are used by God] as they are providentially broken in His service. We have to be placed into God and brought into agreement with Him before we can be broken bread in His hands. Stay right with God and let Him do as He likes, and you will find that He is producing the kind of bread and wine that will benefit His other children.’ CHAMBERS
 
No one looks forward to going through a painful experience, a difficult time.  But it is those very times that God uses to shape us .. to make us a wonderful wine … I am certain it has to do with our will.  We must surrender our will to God … and so often that requires us to be broken .. crushed .. It is a strange dynamic.  When I was in basic training in the Army, the challenge of the drill instructors was to take away our individual identities and make us soldiers. It was a painful experience .. humiliating often times .. physically challenging … but in the end .. we were transformed.  When James said to count it all joy when you face trials .. it was in light of God’s purpose in your life, not because the experience was enjoyable.  (James 1:2-4)  “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,  knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.  But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.”
 
Salvation is not like buying a plane ticket for some future trip that you put in a drawer until the day you take the trip.  Salvation is the beginning of a journey that means that you will be transformed into a vessel that will be used by God for His purpose.  That you will be made into a wine that brings healing and restoration … but for that to happen you must first be crushed … Are you willing?
 
“ It's my will, I'm not moving 'Cause if it's Your will, then nothing can shake me
And it's my will to bow and praise You  I now have the will to praise my God
 
Complexity haunts me for I am two men  Entrenched in a battle that I'll never win
My discipline fails me, my knowledge it fools me But You are my shelter, all the strength that I need
 
I'm learning to give up the rights to myself  The bits and the pieces I've gathered as wealth
Could never compare to the joy that You bring me  The peace that You show me is the strength that I need” DC Talk - My Will
 
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: