Sunday, August 25, 2013

Does Jesus Have Your Heart?

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘But as soon as we do totally surrender, abandoning ourselves to Jesus, the Holy Spirit gives us a taste of His joy. The ultimate goal of self-sacrifice is to lay down our lives for our Friend (see John 15:13-14). When the Holy Spirit comes into our lives, our greatest desire is to lay down our lives for Jesus. Yet the thought of self-sacrifice never even crosses our minds, because sacrifice is the Holy Spirit’s ultimate expression of love.’  CHAMBERS
 
In Matthew 22:37-39 Jesus says to love God and love others are the two greatest commandments and upon which all the law is hinged. Romans 12:1 says we should offer ourselves as living sacrifices. Galatians 2:20 says we have been crucified with Christ. John 15:13 says that the greatest expression of love is to lay down your life for your friends.
 
What is your personal take on your life of faith?  Where is your focus? On your personal comfort or personal commitment?  I have heard church members debate over issues from the color of the church carpet to the color of the person’s skin that will be welcomed in the church. Do think God is pleased with that?  I really don’t think those people cared what God thought … We make choices every day about whom we will serve that day … God or ourselves … A church can be beautifully decorated and be spiritually dead … if you say you love God and hate your brother, you are a liar … so the Word of God says.
 
Surrender everything to Jesus … let the love of God shine through you … stop demanding so much from others and love them instead … love them the way Jesus loves you … Love the Father the way Jesus does   Galatians 2:20 “Christ lives in me and the life that I now live, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself up for me.”
 
(Lord You Have My Heart)
“Lord you have my heart And I will search for yours Jesus take my life and lead me on
Lord you have my heart And I will search for yours Let me be to you a sacrifice
And I will praise you Lord And I will sing of-love come down And as you show your face We'll see your glory here”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: