Saturday, August 24, 2013

Clean Hands and Clean Heart

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘I am a child of God only by being born again, and as His child I am good only as I “walk in the light” (1 John 1:7). For most of us, prayer simply becomes some trivial religious expression, a matter of mystical and emotional fellowship with God. We are all good at producing spiritual fog that blinds our sight. But if we will search out and examine the evidence, we will see very clearly what is wrong— a friendship, an unpaid debt, or an improper attitude. There is no use praying unless we are living as children of God.’ CHAMBERS
 
When we ask God in prayer, rarely do you examine our hearts before hand.  For some reason we think that it doesn’t matter what I have done or thought, I can come to God with sin in my heart … you may not want to consider it sin .. maybe you have labeled as something else .. like “that is just the way I am” or “I can’t help myself”, or “they deserved it” … but we apparently think that the Holy God of heaven will overlook it and welcome us in to hear our plea.
 
Why would you think that?  Examine your heart before you pray … In a small way it is like your children coming to the dinner table with dirty hands.  You send them back to first wash their hands … in the same way .. first cleanse your heart .. confess your sin … approach God with clean hands and a clean heart.
 
Psalm 24:3-4 “Who may ascend the mountain of the Lord? Who may stand in his holy place? The one who has clean hands and a pure heart....."
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: