Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Yielded and Undivided

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘The statement we so often hear, “Make a decision for Jesus Christ,” places the emphasis on something our Lord never trusted. He never asks us to decide for Him, but to yield to Him— something very different.’ CHAMBERS
 
Intellectual acceptance of Jesus is not sufficient for life change. It is not that my mind is changed in understanding .. but that my heart is changed through faith … accepting what Jesus has done for me … He died on the cross for my sins … and who He is … He rose from the dead and as the Son of God is my Lord.  My life has been forever altered in what and who I devote myself to ..where my affections are …
 
Paul encouraged the Saints to offer themselves to God as living sacrifices.  (Romans 12:1)  Galatians 2:20 says that it is no longer I that live but Christ lives in me .. and the life I live is by faith in Jesus.  Does that characterize your life? Like Peter and John have you laid everything down to follow Jesus or do you have a divided heart?  In most cultures … a divided heart is acceptable … It is OK for you to have one foot in God’s kingdom and the other in the culture, but the Bible says you can’t be devoted to two things … we are to love God with everything that is in us … Matthew 22:37-39 ….
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: