Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Problem of Unbelief

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘The person who is still relying and trusting in anything within himself is the last person to even come close to saying, “I will serve the Lord.”  We say, “Oh, if only I really could believe!” The question is, “Will I believe?” No wonder Jesus Christ placed such emphasis on the sin of unbelief. “He did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief” (Matthew 13:58). If we really believed that God meant what He said, just imagine what we would be like! Do I really dare to let God be to me all that He says He will be?’ CHAMBERS
 
Is there something inside of you that you trust in more than God?  Maybe something inside of you that you just can’t let go of.  If it doesn’t seem that God makes a difference in your life as a Christian, it may very well be because of unbelief .. your unbelief.  I am not talking about turning water into wine .. but transforming your life … blessing your life … doing the things that He said He would do when you trust Him and stop trusting yourself.  When you give all of your fears to Him … when you  release those things that cripple your relationships … those things that weigh you down and control you.  Give it all to Jesus .. That requires faith … and when you believe He will do mighty works in your life.
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: