Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Not I But Christ Lives In Me

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘Belief in Jesus is a miracle produced only by the effectiveness of redemption, not by impressive speech, nor by wooing and persuading, but only by the sheer unaided power of God. The creative power of redemption comes through the preaching of the gospel, but never because of the personality of the preacher.’ CHAMBERS
 
On reading the devotion this morning … two verses came to mind.  Zechariah 4:6 “[…]This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' Says the LORD of hosts” and Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.”
 
We must be careful that we don’t begin to live and think that we can be a Christian by the power of our flesh …  . It is so easy to fall into the thinking .. that I need to say it better or do it better or be better .. just try a little harder next time or use someone’s 10 Steps to Spiritual Fulfillment … There is only one ingredient in the magic formula .. faith … I can’t save anybody .. including myself … there is only One who can save us .. Jesus … When I step out and speak or do something for God .. He is the power in my words .. He is the One who multiplies the fishes and the loaves .. He is the One who gives me breath. Keep your focus on Him and not your imperfections and weaknesses.  God wants to use you  .. and through you, He will be glorified.
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: