Thursday, June 6, 2013

Look To Jesus And Live

My Utmost For His Highest
 
. . . work out your own salvation . . . for it is God who works in you . . . —Philippians 2:12-13
 
‘Your will agrees with God, but in your flesh there is a nature that renders you powerless to do what you know you ought to do. When the Lord initially comes in contact with our conscience, the first thing our conscience does is awaken our will, and our will always agrees with God. Yet you say, “But I don’t know if my will is in agreement with God.” Look to Jesus and you will find that your will and your conscience are in agreement with Him every time. What causes you to say “I will not obey” is something less deep and penetrating than your will. It is perversity or stubbornness, and they are never in agreement with God. The most profound thing in a person is his will, not sin. The will is the essential element in God’s creation of human beings— sin is a perverse nature which entered into people. In someone who has been born again, the source of the will is Almighty God.’ CHAMBERS
 
I was asked by one of the children, concerning baptism; “After I am baptized will I stop sinning?” I was surprised by the question but only because it came from a child.  It told me that the Spirit has awakened her to the reality of a Holy God and her tendency to stray from Him.  That her desire is to live a holy life, but she struggles with sin in her life.  Isn’t that true of all of us?  I am a child of God  .. but the perversion of sin and the stubborness of my flesh says … I can go my own way ….
 
Sanctification .. the process of being transformed into the image of Jesus requires work on our part … Salvation, of course, requires faith .. but there are things I must do to grow, mature, in my new life … If I don’t .. I will always struggle .. Paul wrote to the Corinthians “ And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ.  I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;  for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?”  (1 Corinthians 3:1-3)
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: