Sunday, June 16, 2013

Define "All"


My Utmost For His Highest
 
John 15:13 No greater love …
 
‘If I am a friend of Jesus, I must deliberately and carefully lay down my life for Him. It is a difficult thing to do, and thank God that it is. Salvation is easy for us, because it cost God so much. But the exhibiting of salvation in my life is difficult. God saves a person, fills him with the Holy Spirit, and then says, in effect, “Now you work it out in your life, and be faithful to Me, even though the nature of everything around you is to cause you to be unfaithful.”[…] It is much easier to die than to lay down your life day in and day out with the sense of the high calling of God.’ CHAMBERS
 
How much is enough?  If I am to lay my life down for others .. how much is enough?  Normally this has to more to do with how much of the worldly pleasures and comforts must I sacrifice than anything else.  Well, at least for Americans.  Jesus made it clear what it meant to be His disciple .. to follow Him … it would cost us everything .. as I type this words to songs are running through my head .. ‘Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe..” ‘All I once held dear, built my life upon, All this world revers and wars to own .. All I once thought gain I have counted loss, spent and worthless now, compared to this … knowing you, Jesus”
 
Is that how you feel? Is that what you are committed to?  Jesus … the way, the truth and the life (John 14:6) … Someone once said that “if He is not Lord of all .. then He is not Lord at all.” Meaning, you can’t have it both ways.
 
Hebrews 12:1-2  “Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,  looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: