Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Are You Crazy?

My Utmost For His Highest
‘. . . Peter . . . walked on the water to go to Jesus. But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid . . . —Matthew 14:29-30
 
We step right out with recognition of God in some things, then self-consideration enters our lives and down we go. If you are truly recognizing your Lord, you have no business being concerned about how and where He engineers your circumstances. The things surrounding you are real, but when you look at them you are immediately overwhelmed, and even unable to recognize Jesus. Then comes His rebuke, “. . . why did you doubt?” (Matthew 14:31). Let your actual circumstances be what they may, but keep recognizing Jesus, maintaining complete reliance upon Him.[…]  It is only through abandonment of yourself and your circumstances that you will recognize Him. You will only recognize His voice more clearly through recklessness— being willing to risk your all.’ CHAMBERS
 
The world sees faith as recklessness.  Even fanaticism.  Without the Spirit of God you cannot hear the voice of God.  Has He called you to get out of the boat?  To trust Him in an impossible situation? Don’t expect the world to understand.  1 Corinthians 2:14  “But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”  In 2010, we were preparing to leave Waveland, MS.  I was speaking with a friend about where we were going.  When I said ‘God has called us to Haiti’, He looked me in the eyes and said, “Are you crazy?” Why would anyone want to go to that place?  I told him it was not my idea, but God was calling us there and we were going.
 
Understanding is not a requirement for obedience.  As I am typing this I am thing about children and their frequent response to being told to do something .. “Why”.  My response .. “You don’t need to know why, you need to trust me and do what I ask”. So it is with God. Hebrews 11:1
 
“Trust and obey, for there is no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: