Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Secret Of Being Content

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘We are made “partakers of the divine nature,” receiving and sharing God’s own nature through His promises. Then we have to work that divine nature into our human nature by developing godly habits. The first habit to develop is the habit of recognizing God’s provision for us. […] We think it is a sign of true humility to say at the end of the day, “Well, I just barely got by today, but it was a severe struggle.” And yet all of Almighty God is ours in the Lord Jesus! And He will reach to the last grain of sand and the remotest star to bless us if we will only obey Him. Does it really matter that our circumstances are difficult? Why shouldn’t they be! If we give way to self-pity and indulge in the luxury of misery, we remove God’s riches from our lives and hinder others from entering into His provision. No sin is worse than the sin of self-pity, because it removes God from the throne of our lives, replacing Him with our own self-interests. It causes us to open our mouths only to complain, and we simply become spiritual sponges— always absorbing, never giving, and never being satisfied. And there is nothing lovely or generous about our lives.’ CHAMBERS
 
As Christians contentment is redefined in Jesus Christ … what we need to feel safe, secure, at rest is not what the world has to offer … the satisfaction the world brings is only for a moment.  Our flesh is insatiable … it always wants more … It is never satisfied … it always fear being denied …. Our new life rests on the promises of God and our relationship with Christ. It must be nurtured .. strengthened … Philippians 4:11-13 “I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.”
 
“My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus and His righteousness.  On Christ the solid rock I stand .. all other ground is sinking sand."
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: