Thursday, July 12, 2012

Total Surrender

My Utmost For His Highest
‘Am I building up the body of Christ, or am I only concerned about my own personal development? The essential thing is my personal relationship with Jesus Christ— “. . . that I may know Him. . .” (Philippians 3:10). To fulfill God’s perfect design for me requires my total surrender— complete abandonment of myself to Him. Whenever I only want things for myself, the relationship is distorted. And I will suffer great humiliation once I come to acknowledge and understand that I have not really been concerned about realizing Jesus Christ Himself, but only concerned with knowing what He has done for me. My goal is God Himself, not joy nor peace, Nor even blessing, but Himself, my God.’ CHAMBERS

Total surrender to God is a recurring theme in the Bible .. When it is presented to us so many times you might begin to think there is a reason for the emphasis.  The fact is, the entire Bible was written for a purpose .. God ‘breathed’ it for at least three purposes … for His glory .. to reveal His Son … and for our good (2 Timothy 3:16).  We know that the Bible can be read by people who are not Christians but not understood … and we also know that the Bible can be read by Christians and understood but not obeyed.  Thus the need to be reminded that we need to … we must …. surrender to God.  That means picking up our cross .. having said .. not my will but His will be done … and following in Jesus steps.  Jesus said “if you have seen Me you have seen the Father” (John 14:9) Can people say that about you?  If they have seen you they have seen Jesus?  (John 17:20-23)

Total surrender is not just so we can live our life in an easier way.  It is to show the world Jesus … (Acts 4:13)  The first sentence in the book “The Purpose Driven Life” is ‘It’s not about you’.  You must understand that this life we live is by faith and for a purpose greater than ourselves.  It requires total surrender .. total trust in God … walking by faith and not by sight.  Be doers and not hearers only and so deceive yourself into thinking that reading the Bible and going to church is sufficient. (James 1:22)

Let Jesus shine through you today … Give it up and bring glory to God.

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: