Monday, July 16, 2012

He Knows My Name

My Utmost For His Highest

Fill your mind with the thought that God is there. And once your mind is truly filled with that thought, when you experience difficulties it will be as easy as breathing for you to remember, “My heavenly Father knows all about this!” This will be no effort at all, but will be a natural thing for you when difficulties and uncertainties arise. Before you formed this concept of divine control so powerfully in your mind, you used to go from person to person seeking help, but now you go to God about it. Jesus is laying down the rules of conduct for those people who have His Spirit, and it works on the following principle: God is my Father, He loves me, and I will never think of anything that He will forget, so why should I worry?’ CHAMBERS

Psalm 139:1-7 You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.  Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?

David knew that God is a present-God. That there was no place .. no circumstance .. where God was not present … We can acknowledged that truth in our mind .. saying “Sure I know God is everywhere.” But when it comes to living in that truth we fall short.  We think that we are alone .. God has gone to another place … that He is unaware of my circumstance .. or worse, doesn’t care … Think about your children … because you don’t intervene in their lives does not mean you don’t love them .. because you don’t help them do something that will bring more harm to them does not mean that you have forsaken them.  They may feel that way about you and you may feel the same way about God, but it is not true.  God’s love prevails … it does not end .. does not fail …

“I have a Maker, He formed my heart.  Before even time began my life was in His hands.  I have a Father.  He calls me His own.  He’ll never leave me, no matter where I go. He knows my name.  He knows my every thought.  He sees each tear that falls, and hears me when I call.”  (‘He Knows My Name’ by Tommy Walker)

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: