Thursday, October 12, 2023

You Are What You Eat

"Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day. You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies; For they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers, For Your testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, Because I keep Your precepts. I have restrained my feet from every evil way, That I may keep Your word. " I have not departed from Your judgments, For You Yourself have taught me. How sweet are Your words to my taste, Sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through Your precepts I get understanding; Therefore, I hate every false way. Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalm 119:97-105

This may pre-date you, but there used to be a commercial encouraging good nutrition that said, "You are what you eat." Meaning that if you eat the wrong foods, your body will be affected in a negative way. Conversely, if you eat the right foods then your body will be healthy. In Psalm 119 David told the Lord that the Word of God was sweet to his taste - sweeter than honey. Taking the Word in regularly ensured that David would be spiritually healthy. It is also a light and lamp so as to keep him from stumbling in a dark world. 

In verse 11 of that Psalm, David said, "Your Word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against you." The Word of God is called the Sword of the Spirit - good for both spiritual offense and defense.  (Ephesians 6) It was given to us for both our spiritual and natural benefit. It is like an operator's manual for our human and heavenly existence. But wait there's more! It contains a great manufacturer's warranty - signed by the Blood of the Lamb and sealed by the Spirit of God.

The Lord admonished Joshua in the Book of Joshua that as Joshua walked in step with the Word that he would be prosperous and successful. Prosperity and success not necessarily according to the world's standards but promised by God's design and promise.

"This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” - Joshua 1:8-9

Think about it – Pray about it – Believe it – Walk in it. Let your light shine and give God the glory.

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone

No comments: