Thursday, May 17, 2018

Going Back To The Last Known Point In Your Spiritual Journey



It came to pass, while He blessed them, that He was parted from them and carried up into heaven. —Luke 24:51

{CHAMBERS} “[…] His [Jesus’] Cross is the door by which every member of the human race can enter into the life of God; by His resurrection He has the right to give eternal life to anyone, and by His ascension our Lord entered heaven, keeping the door open for humanity.[…] Our Lord returned to His original glory, but not simply as the Son of God— He returned to His father as the Son of Man as well. There is now freedom of access for anyone straight to the very throne of God because of the ascension of the Son of Man.”

{ELGIN}  There are times when we, as Christians, need to take pause and consider the magnificence … the incredible truth about Jesus … His sacrifice … His place in the heavenlies … and our new life in Him.  Who He is .. who we are in Him .. are more than mere factoids … trite phrases … they are eternal truths .. supernatural realities … why would we not embrace them and immerse ourselves in them?  You know don’t you.  This morning is an encouragement to reflect on who you are …

When I was learning land navigation in the Army, using a map and compass, the first rule for when you are not sure where you are is to go back to the last "known" point, get your bearings and strike out on your journey again.  As Christians, we need to do the same in our faith journey as we navigate this life over often steep terrain and thick underbrush.

I want to share a song which is sung by Andrae Crouch but one of the song writers was Elton John … that’s right not making that up … direct paste … “Songwriters: ELTON JOHN, GARY ANTHONY OSBORNE - Universal Music Publishing Group

Take Me Back

“Take me back, take me back dear Lord To the place where I first received you.
Take me back, take me back dear Lord where I First believed.

I feel that I'm so far from you Lord But still I hear you calling me
Those simple things that I once knew, Their memories keep drawing me.

I must confess, Lord I've been blessed But yet my soul's not satisfied.
Renew my faith, restore my joy And dry my weeping eyes.

I tried so hard To make it all alone
I need your help Just to make it home.”

Why don’t you make that your prayer this morning … 

No comments: