Thursday, October 9, 2014

Jesus Is The Cure For What Ails Us

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘I cannot save and sanctify myself; I cannot make atonement for sin; I cannot redeem the world; I cannot right what is wrong, purify what is impure, or make holy what is unholy. That is all the sovereign work of God. […] The greatest need we have is not to do things, but to believe things. […] Beware of that human holiness that is not based on the atonement of the Lord. […] We cannot do anything pleasing to God unless we deliberately build on the foundation of the atonement by the Cross of Christ.[…] Obedience means that I have completely placed my trust in the atonement, and my obedience is immediately met by the delight of the supernatural grace of God.  Beware of the human holiness …. CHAMBERS
 
If we live our lives trying to be good and look good, we will live miserable lives.  Lives full of failure. Oh, we may deceive others .. but that is because they cannot see our hearts.  But there is no fooling God. The Bible says God prefers obedience - loving Him - over sacrifice – doing external things.  Obedience begins in the heart.  In Psalm 51, King David prayed .. “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. In Matthew 5:8, Jesus says “Blessed are the pure in heart for they will see God”.  Being right on the inside is only possible if God does it, we cannot. Being right on the inside requires faith in Jesus and submission to the Holy Spirit.  Jesus, speaking to the Pharisees who were really good at looking good,  said “it is not the outside of the cup that makes it unclean” Matthew 23:25-26  So you can be beautiful on the outside – even seem very spiritual, and be  quite the contrary on the inside where it counts.
 
Why did God want us to know about these things?  Because He knows that they are a problem for us. Everyone in the world suffers from the same struggles.  That is why the Gospel works in all countries … we all have the same heart problem … and God has the cure for what ails us. ELGIN
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: