Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Our God Knows Your Name

God calls every Believer to live by faith. To embrace the particular place in the Body of Christ that God has ordained for each one of us, for His eternal purposes. He will always lead us to places that require faith in Him. To places where faith is waiting. To places where He will reveal Himself in all of His glory and goodness, if we will only believe.

The goal of the devotions I write is not simply an exercise to stuff more knowledge into your head and learn something that you really don’t see as relevant to your life. Rather, my purpose for writing is to encourage you, in light of the truth of the Word of God, to trust God and to do what He calls you to do by faith.

There is a common failing among many Christians.  That failing is in believing that God really is unaware that they even exist. Certainly they believe that  He sent Jesus for their salvation and their ticket to heaven, but beyond that, they just have to do the best that they can until they are eventually called you their heavenly home.

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you” – Jeremiah 1:5

When standing before homeowners that have clearly lost hope – their spirits have been beaten down by their circumstances, I sometimes share the words to a song that the Haitian orphans would sing.

Bondye pa bliye mwen, Li konnen non mwen” – God has not forgotten me.  He knows my name!

My hope is that you will embrace the truth that God does know your name. That He has a purpose for you – specifically.  And that for His glory and your good, you will choose to walk in that truth for the rest of your days.

Merry Christmas my friend!

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone

No comments: