Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Facing Life In The Reality Of Your Faith Or Not



When I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. —Revelation 1:17

{CHAMBERS} “”He laid His right hand on me…” (Revelation 1:17). In the midst of the awesomeness, a touch comes, and you know it is the right hand of Jesus Christ. […] Whenever His hand is laid upon you, it gives inexpressible peace and comfort, and the sense that “underneath are the everlasting arms” (Deuteronomy 33:27), full of support, provision, comfort, and strength. And once His touch comes, nothing at all can throw you into fear again. In the midst of all His ascended glory, the Lord Jesus comes to speak to an insignificant disciple, saying, “Do not be afraid” (Revelation 1:17). His tenderness is inexpressibly sweet. Do I know Him like that? Take a look at some of the things that cause despair. There is despair which has no delight, no limits whatsoever, and no hope of anything brighter. But the delight of despair comes when “I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells…” (Romans 7:18). I delight in knowing that there is something in me which must fall prostrate before God when He reveals Himself to me, and also in knowing that if I am ever to be raised up it must be by the hand of God. God can do nothing for me until I recognize the limits of what is humanly possible, allowing Him to do the impossible.”

{ELGIN}  In the Focus on the Family study, the Truth Project, a question is posed.  “Do you believe, that what you believe, is really real?”  Are your walking and responding to life in the reality of your new life in Christ, or is your religion something that is notional? Something that makes you feel good but has little practical value?  If you don’t believe it is real … that it is something that can be grasped and is helpful in this natural life on terra firma, then you are not likely to trust and obey.  Instead you will live your life as you see fit, doubting that there is any practical value to your faith in Jesus.  How much time do spend each day in consideration of your relationship with God?  If you don’t spend time on any relationship, that relationship will soon fade.  It will lose its luster and become like a distant memory.  I can recall that happening many times in my life.  So many people that I have known, but neglect and distance eroded the connection between us until the only time I might think of them is when I see a picture or someone reminds me of an event in my life.  So it is with us and the Lord.  Do not neglect your time with the Lord.

No comments: