Monday, January 18, 2016

Return To The Place Where Your First Found Your Joy

My Utmost For His Highest
 
Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" —John 20:28
 
“Jesus said to her, ‘Give Me a drink’ ” (John 4:7). How many of us are expecting Jesus Christ to quench our thirst when we should be satisfying Him! We should be pouring out our lives, investing our total beings, not drawing on Him to satisfy us. “You shall be witnesses to Me…” (Acts 1:8). That means lives of pure, uncompromising, and unrestrained devotion to the Lord Jesus, which will be satisfying to Him wherever He may send us. […] The goal of the call of God is His satisfaction, not simply that we should do something for Him. We are not sent to do battle for God, but to be used by God in His battles.”  CHAMBERS
 
Do you remember the day that you were saved, born again?  It was on that day that you realized your true nature … a sinner in the hands of an angry God.  Bound for Hell.  In need of a savior.  It was at that point that you yielded your heart, your devotion, your trust to the God of heaven and place your faith in Jesus Christ.  So what happened?  As the glory faded and life on this earth began to intervene, the significance of that glorious day began to dim.  You know that you are a Christian, but the reality of your “need” for a savior no longer felt so dominant.  As the urgency to yield to the lordship of Jesus diminished from desperation to something more like a choice.  Sin became less intolerable as you slowly drift from the place where you first found your joy in the Lord.  Maybe this is not you, but it is true for many other Christians.  (Hebrews 10:24-25) “And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.”  Why would we need to be stir one another up, if we didn’t need stirring?  ELGIN
 
“Take Me Back”  Andre Crouch
 
“ I feel that I'm so far from you Lord  But still I hear you calling me  Those simple things that I once knew,  The memories are drawing me.
 
I must confess, Lord I've been blessed  But yet my soul's not satisfied.  Renew my faith, restore my joy  And dry my weeping eyes.
 
I tried so hard,  To make it all alone.  I need your help  Just to make it home.
 
Take me back, take me back dear Lord  To the place where I first received you.  Take me back, take me back dear Lord where I  First believed.”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)
 
Charley Elgin

No comments: