Thursday, January 28, 2016

Living For Yourself Or Living For God Is A Choice - Choose Well

My Utmost For His Highest
 
Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? —Acts 26:14
 
Are you determined to have your own way in living for God? […] Whenever we are obstinate and self-willed and set on our own ambitions, […]  Every time we stand on our own rights and insist that this is what we intend to do, we are persecuting Him. Whenever we rely on self-respect, we systematically disturb and grieve His Spirit. […] Is the Word of God tremendously penetrating and sharp in me as I hand it on to you, or does my life betray the things I profess to teach? I may teach sanctification and yet exhibit the spirit of Satan, the very spirit that persecutes Jesus Christ. […] All I do should be based on a perfect oneness with Him, not on a self-willed determination to be godly. This will mean that others may use me, go around me, or completely ignore me, but if I will submit to it for His sake.” CHAMBERS
 
We must avoid taking on a form of godliness, while denying the source of our godliness.  How do we deny Him?  By living our lives the way we see fit and not in the way that the Spirit shows us.  Does it seem impossible to do right and live right at times?  It is, apart from the power of God at work in us.  Will we struggle with this our whole “earthly” lives?  Very likely.  I don’t believe, so long as we walk on this earth that we will not experience conflict between our flesh and spiritual nature.  They both want to be dominant.  Both require submission. The flesh is a bully … the spirit is not.  The first uses fear to coerce, the second uses love to encourage.  We are faced with the choice every day.  (Joshua 24:15)  “And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” It really is your choice, so choose well.   ELGIN
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)
 
Charley Elgin

No comments: