Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Learning To Rest In God's Care

My Utmost For His Highest
 
If God so clothes the grass of the field…, will He not much more clothe you…? —Matthew 6:30
 
“By receiving His Spirit, recognizing and relying on Him, and obeying Him as He brings us the truth of His Word, life will become amazingly simple. Jesus asks us to consider that “if God so clothes the grass of the field…” how “much more” will He clothe you, if you keep your relationship right with Him? Every time we lose ground in our fellowship with God, it is because we have disrespectfully thought that we knew better than Jesus Christ. We have allowed “the cares of this world” to enter in (Matthew 13:22), while forgetting the “much more” of our heavenly Father. “Look at the birds of the air…” (Matthew 6:26). Their function is to obey the instincts God placed within them, and God watches over them. Jesus said that if you have the right relationship with Him and will obey His Spirit within you, then God will care for your “feathers” too.[…] Are we experiencing the “much more” He promised? If we are not, it is because we are not obeying the life God has given us and have cluttered our minds with confusing thoughts and worries. How much time have we wasted asking God senseless questions while we should be absolutely free to concentrate on our service to Him? Consecration is the act of continually separating myself from everything except that which God has appointed me to do. It is not a one-time experience but an ongoing process. Am I continually separating myself and looking to God every day of my life?”  CHAMBERS
 
I was talking with someone at work yesterday about work.  We were discussing  someone losing his job.  How vulnerable we are .. at the mercy of the ones who have hired us.  I told him that there is life after the work we do.  If we were all to lose our jobs, it might be difficult, but not fatal.  But more importantly, it spoke to where we place our trust.  Is it in the employer or in the Lord?  There are two birds, doves I think, sitting in the tree outside our window.  They seem to be a pair.  Their life is simple.  They depend upon the Lord’s creation and the food chain that is part of that creation to survive.  They have little expectation.  Content in their condition.  Dependent upon the Lord’s provision.  So what happens with us?  We are fearful … fearful that what we want will not be what we have.  Fearful that we will lose whatever control and security we think we have.  I want to encourage you to embrace these truths … God is the provider .. He is the source of everything.  You may not escape the furnace or the lion’s den, but you will never be abandoned by your Father.  ELGIN
 
“I’ve Never Been Out Of His Care”  Dallas Holm
 
“The eyes of God are upon me,  He sees everything I do.  The arms of God are around me,  They keep me safe and secure.
This changing world alarms me,  With war, with sin, with strife.  But my loving Father charms me,  With joy, with peace, and with life.
And He knows where I am  Every hour of every day. He knows each thought I think,  He knows each word that I might say.
And although there've been times I've been out of His will  I've never been out of His care.”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)
 
Charley Elgin

No comments: