Friday, October 23, 2015

Our Struggle With Surrendering Our Unbelief




“If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.” —2 Corinthians 5:17

“[W]e must learn that God accepts nothing of the old life! Instead of being on the side of our prejudices, He is deliberately removing them from us. It is part of our moral education to see our prejudices put to death by His providence, and to watch how He does it. […] There is only one thing God wants of us, and that is our unconditional surrender.  When we are born again, the Holy Spirit begins to work His new creation in us, and there will come a time when there is nothing remaining of the old life. […] How are we going to get a life that has no lust, no self-interest, and is not sensitive to the ridicule of others? How will we have the type of love that “is kind…is not provoked, [and] thinks no evil”? (1 Corinthians 13:4-5). The only way is by allowing nothing of the old life to remain, and by having only simple, perfect trust in God— such a trust that we no longer want God’s blessings, but only want God Himself. […] Once we truly see God at work, we will never be concerned again about the things that happen, because we are actually trusting in our Father in heaven, whom the world cannot see.”  CHAMBERS

All we have to do is trust!  Pretty simple to say … not so simple to do.  Living the Christian life is not about “some” trust.  It’s about “total” trust.  There are just some things in our lives that we don’t want to give up control over.  Generally that happens because we have trusted in someone or something only to be disappointed when the person or thing failed us.  So we resolve in our minds, “I will never do that again!”  Someone once said that the only part of the Bible that you believe is the part that you obey.  Think about it, now!  If the Bible is Truth, then there is no room for doubt.  If God is the definition of love, and He is, then there is no possibility that He would fail you.  Bondye fidel!  God is faithful!  This is where faith comes in.  Do you believe or not.  The man said to Jesus in Mark 9:24, “I believe, but help me with my unbelief.”  What is it that you are holding back on, that is really holding you back?  Let’s say there is a woman who agrees to marry a man, and she does.  But then she tells him one night that she is going out on a date with her old boyfriend.  The husband says,” but you married me!”  She says, “That is true, but I am not giving up my boyfriend.” In the same way, we are not being faithful to God when we withhold trust in ourselves.  Think about your life.  This song might be your prayer.  What do you need to surrender? ELGIN

“I Surrender All”

“All to Jesus I surrender; All to Him I freely give; I will ever love and trust Him, In His presence daily live.
All to Jesus I surrender; Humbly at His feet I bow, Worldly pleasures all forsaken; Take me, Jesus, take me now.
All to Jesus I surrender; Make me, Savior, wholly Thine; Let me feel the Holy Spirit, Truly know that Thou art mine.
All to Jesus I surrender; Lord, I give myself to Thee; Fill me with Thy love and power; Let Thy blessing fall on me.”

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: