Friday, October 9, 2015

Be The Light Of Jesus By Letting Jesus Be The Source




…present…your members as instruments of righteousness to God. —Romans 6:13

I cannot save and sanctify myself; I cannot make atonement for sin; I cannot redeem the world; I cannot right what is wrong, purify what is impure, or make holy what is unholy. That is all the sovereign work of God. Do I have faith in what Jesus Christ has done? He has made the perfect atonement for sin. Am I in the habit of constantly realizing it? The greatest need we have is not to do things, but to believe things. […]  We cannot do anything pleasing to God unless we deliberately build on the foundation of the atonement by the Cross of Christ. […]  Every time I obey, the absolute deity of God is on my side, so that the grace of God and my natural obedience are in perfect agreement. Obedience means that I have completely placed my trust in the atonement, and my obedience is immediately met by the delight of the supernatural grace of God.” CHAMBERS

Coming to the place that I understand that I cannot do a thing that will make me more like Jesus, that will permit me to experience the abundant life that Jesus promised (John 10:10) is huge in my new life in Christ.  I must lay my life down (Romans 12:1) and not try to do things the way the world does in its hopeless quest for peace and joy (Romans 12:2) … I must present my members (meaning everything that I am) (Romans 6:13) to the Lord.  And say “I am Yours, Lord.”

Be the Light!  ELGIN

“In Christ Alone”

“In Christ alone my hope is found, He is my light, my strength, my song; this Cornerstone, this solid Ground, firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace, when fears are stilled, when strivings cease! My Comforter, my All in All, here in the love of Christ I stand.

No guilt in life, no fear in death, This is the power of Christ in me; From life's first cry to final breath. Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man, Can ever pluck me from His hand; Till He returns or calls me home, Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.”

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: