Thursday, October 22, 2015

Getting Real - Are You really Devoted To God?




“The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit…” —Romans 8:16

“[…] we want the witness of the Spirit before we have done what God tells us to do. […] you are in the way as long as you won’t abandon yourself to Him in total surrender. […] If you received the witness of the Spirit before the reality and truth that comes from obedience, it would simply result in sentimental emotion. But when you act on the basis of redemption, and stop the disrespectfulness of debating with God, He immediately gives His witness. […]Throw it all overboard, trust in Him, and He will give you the witness of the Spirit.” CHAMBERS

I believe that most Christians struggle with living a qualified faith.  What I mean by that is that we live mostly trusting our natural life while being aware that we have a new, spiritual one.  Our natural life is the superior, the one we prefer.  It’s not the one we know that is supposed to be superior since we are born again, but it is all the same.  Most often, we defer to our old nature, make excuses for it, and in doing so, we deny the Spirit that is in us, and walk in disobedience much of the time.  We may not be robbing banks … but we are robbing God by not giving Him what is His, our hearts and devotion.

Living life as God intended requires us to seek the things of the Kingdom first. Living the Christian life is really simple … just a few things to remember .. but it is not in the knowing, it’s in the doing.  I know a number of people that are very intelligent.  They understand what must be done.  They just don’t do it.  So they “debate with God” in terms of doing what is the right thing, living in a way that honors God, treating others in a way that demonstrates the love of God.  Each day, we must orient ourselves .. get our focus … set our minds … and not just let life happen. You may not be able to avoid the troubles that life brings, but you don’t have to face them on your own.  Friend, I want to encourage you to draw close to God and stop living life on your own where God is notional .. a fleeting thought … Trust me, it will be for your good and His glory. Think about it.  ELGIN

“Lord I’m Coming Home” William J. Kirkpatrick

“I’ve wandered far away from God, Now I’m coming home;  The paths of sin too long I’ve trod, Lord, I’m coming home.
I’ve wasted many precious years, Now I’m coming home; I now repent with bitter tears, Lord, I’m coming home.
I’m tired of sin and straying, Lord, Now I’m coming home; I’ll trust Thy love, believe Thy word, Lord, I’m coming home.
My soul is sick, my heart is sore, Now I’m coming home; My strength renew, my hope restore, Lord, I’m coming home.
My only hope, my only plea, Now I’m coming home; That Jesus died, and died for me, Lord, I’m coming home.”

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: